Online Banking Frequently Asked Questions
What features are available in Online Banking?
- Review detailed account activity and balances
- Make a one-time or schedule recurring transfers between accounts
- Pay bills online
- Advance funds from your home equity loan and other qualifying lines of credit
- Make loan payments
- View check images online
- Download your transaction history to your personal money manager software program
- Set up and receive text message or email notifications
- Receive electronic versions of bills called e-bills
- Receive your monthly statements online
Is there a charge to utilize Online Banking?
- Online Banking is FREE!
When is Online Banking available?
- You may access your accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How do I access Online Banking?
How do I register for Online Banking?
- Go to www.fmb-ebank.com and click Enroll
- Complete the registration form
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- The bank will follow up with further instructions that will enable you to access Online Banking.
Are there any restrictions on the password that I choose?
- You will be instructed with the password specifications during the registration process. Please remember your password exactly as you type it on the registration form. The password is case sensitive, meaning, if you choose to have capital letters, they will always need to be capitalized when accessing Online Banking.
What happens if I forget my password?
How current is my banking information?
- Your account information is updated three times each day.
How much account information can I view at once?
- The system will automatically show the last ten days of transactions
- To change transaction history go to -
- My Accounts, choose your deposit account, upper left hand corner you can customize the date range
Where can I find more information on Bill Pay?
How late in the evening can I make funds transfers?
- The cut-off time for the current day's business is 3:00 p.m. Central Time. Any funds transferred after this time will not be processed until the following business day.
Can I schedule future transfers?
- Yes. You can schedule one-time and recurring transfers between accounts.
If a funds transfer occurs on a weekend or holiday, when will the transfer occur?
- The funds transfer will occur on the business day after the weekend or holiday.
Can I make a loan payment?
- Yes. You can use the transfer option to move funds from your checking or savings account to your loan account.
Can I make an advance from my line of credit?
- Yes. You can use the transfer option to advance money from your home equity loan and other qualifying lines of credit to your account.
What is the difference between "Make a Transfer" and "Schedule a Transfer"?
- "Make a Transfer" allow you to transfer funds between accounts on the current business day when the transfer is completed before 3 p.m. If the transfer is completed after 3 p.m., the transfer will occur the following business day.
- "Schedule a Transfer" allow you to select a date(s) in the future to schedule a transfer. The transfer can be a one-time transfer or a recurring transfer (ex. every 15th day of the month). Transfers may be added, edited, or deleted at your discretion. After a one-time transfer or final recurring transfer has processed, it will be deleted and will no longer appear on the Scheduled Transfers Summary page.
What is "Alerts & Notifications" within My Settings or Additional Services?
- We will notify you by text message or email when your account reaches a balance you specify, when a certain check you specify has cleared, or when a CD is about to mature. You set up the details and we do the rest!
Can I export my transactions into a finance software product?
- Yes! Your transactions can easily be downloaded using Quicken® using the Account Export. This feature saves you time when balancing your account.
I have several accounts in Online banking. Is there any way to easily identify the accounts rather than by account number?
- You have the ability to change account names for easier recognition. Using this feature, you may also elect to not display selected accounts.
- Go to My Settings
- Rename & Hide your Accounts
- Name your account
- Click done
Yesterday I could view a checking and savings account within Online Banking and today only the checking account is available. What happened?
- You may have inadvertently elected not to display this account.
- Go to My Settings
- Rename and Hide your accounts. If there is a box that is not checked, this account will not appear within Account Access. Check the box and click done. If you do not find your account within this list, please Contact Us so we may assist you.
What if one of my accounts isn't accessible within Online Banking and I want to add it?
- Contact Us and we will take care of it for you!
How secure is your email?
- Email sent from Online Banking is encrypted for your security.
What can I do to protect my accounts and personal information while I'm banking Online?
F&M takes numerous steps to keep your accounts and personal information secure, but you also must maintain the security of your own banking information. Here's what you can do -
- Memorize your Online Banking password. Your password authenticates you when you begin an Online Banking session. You should memorize this password and never write it anywhere or reveal it to anyone.
- Each computer you access Online Banking from is registered with us by you from within Online Banking.
- Change your password regularly. It's important to change your password regularly, which you can easily do within an Online Banking session, under "My Settings".
- Remember to sign off. It's important to sign off when you're finished banking especially when you are not using your personal computer. However, by default, Online Banking has a time-out feature.